The Analog Alternative...

Stop the world... let me off !

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

Friday, October 21, 2005

Trust...

Trust...or 'bharosa' as we call it, comes today to my weird thoughts as not just another phenomena or behavioral aspect, but as an essential element of existence, a crucial constituent to survival.

Subsequently, I am forced to brood over and consequently, scribble...

There are generally various echelons of "Trust". Let me list them.

Implicit, innate and biological trust:
-While walking, when I lift my foot, I am sure it'll come down. I trust gravity.
-After a tiring game, when I am gasping, and wheezing, I know there is enough oxygen left. I trust the fact "Atmosphere has 21pc O2".

Appraised, yet innate and implicit trust:
-When I switch on the fan, close my eyes and drift into dreams and hallucinations, I trust those nut-bolts that keep the fan stuck to the ceiling.
-In the car, while driving, when I pound and pummel the accelerator paddle, I am aware that I can stop. I trust the brakes

Explicit, weighed, and empirical trust:
-When I embark on an AirDeccan flight, I know it would fly and come back to earth. I trust Airbus.
-To get that 'ten-minute-extra' time to sleep, in the morning staring at the time-piece, I assume that I can build up a nice excuse. I trust my wit.

Expressed, weighed and applied trust:
-On a secure website, while submitting my card details to bid for a steal, I understand it's safe. I trust Verisign.
-
In that small, flimsy, wooden box, when I drop my 'worth-a-fortune' pay cheque, I know it would be picked up by the right guy. I trust HDFC.

Laid-out and mutual trust:
-When I lackadaisically send out the mail for booking a cab for me to reach home, I know it would be taken care of. I trust the travel desk.
-I can give thousand examples for this. I trust myself. :)

Phew..!
The poor, old and useless brain of mine needs a coffee now. He knows I will get one for him.
No trust involved...master-slave contract.
Yes Boss!

2 Comments:

Blogger mobie said...

Blog is cool . Don't stop. Check this out skateboarders Really cool skateboarders

October 21, 2005 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog

November 14, 2005 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home